Friday, November 8, 2013

Holiday Card #2

Actually, it's technically card #5 or 6, but it's currently my absolute favorite, so I just had to show it off.

This card uses the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set. It's a really adorable set, and I keep wanting to use it again and again.

I've colored the reindeer with my watercolor pencils. I've been trying to practice so the colors have more dimension, and I think it's working pretty well.

I've also used Tea Dye distress ink around the edges of the watercolor paper for a bit of an aged look. The stark white was creating too much contrast otherwise. I need to get a few more colors of distress ink. I only have 2, and they're both on the warm side of the spectrum. I think it would be useful to have some cooler colors - probably blue, since I seem to gravitate toward that a lot in backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment