Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome Baby Card

Halloween was yesterday, and while I was sitting around waiting for trick-or-treaters, I whipped up this new baby card.

It's hard to see in the picture, but the card base has these adorable raised dots that give texture without adding color (Sea Salt by Bazzill). I cut a piece of watercolor paper to size and rounded the corners using my EK Success corner rounders - using the 1-inch rounder. After stamping the images with Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink and letting it dry, I colored the images in with watercolor pencils and went over them with a water brush. I then blended some Broken China Distress Ink around the sides of the image, just to make it stand out a little better.

The sentiment (Celebrate) on this card comes from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, and I just love how fun and joyful it looks. One of the things that's really awesome about the sentiments in Paper Smooches sets is that they go perfectly with many other stamps and styles. I actually have 3 sentiment sets from Paper Smooches and I'm always looking for ways to incorporate them into my cards. I've ordered some of the holiday sets from Paper Smooches and I'm waiting (impatiently!) for them to ship. Can't wait to use them!

The elephant, flowers and stars are from the Stampendous Baby Invite set. I picked my set from the local Michael's store, but I think it may be an older/retired set - as I can't seem to find it in online stamping stores. The animals in the set are so sweet and they just seem perfect for a new baby card. The stamp was small enough to fit into the corner of the card envelope (that's what you see sticking out on the left side of the card). I think it ties the card and the envelope together fabulously.

The fun ribbon is from Stampendous Party Invite - which is another set I picked up from my local Michael's.

The dots above/below the sentiment and the hearts are from Lawn Fawn's Winter Gifts. Many of the Lawn Fawn sets have small stamps that can be picked up easily and used as a decoration all over the card, which makes them super useful. The other half of my recent order has a few Lawn Fawn sets. So excited to get them and start making cards with them.

The twine is from Ki Memories that I bought at Walmart and the buttons are from Favorite Findings (Pastel).

No comments:

Post a Comment