Monday, January 27, 2014

SSS February Card Kit - Thankful

I got my Simon Says Stamp February card kit today, and it looks very pretty. One of the things I'm most excited about is that the stamp set has flowers. I don't have very many stamps that have small flowers on them, so this is a real treat for me.

Onto the card:
I started by cutting out a round circle in the card base with my Bigshot. I glued a piece of vellum inside, then glued a piece of light blue patterned paper over the vellum, so a hint of blue would be peeking through the window.

After that, I cut 2 long strips of craft card stock and crossed them in the middle of the window. It looked a bit plain, so I used my gel pen to create a wood grain-like texture. I also added small brown dots around the outside of the window to create a little bit of contrast.

The flowers were stamped using Ranger Archival ink in Saffron (yellow), Hero Arts Soft Blossom (pink flower fill), Ranger Archival ink Rose Madder (outline) and Simon Says Stamp Green Apple ink (stems, leaves). I fussy-cut around them and attached them to the card with dimensional squares.

I created the window box by layering a piece of green paper from the kit on top of a white piece of Bazzill Marshmallow card stock. I stamped small blue dots with Hero Arts Soft Stone ink.

Lastly, I stamped the Thankful sentiment from the kit stamp set in Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate ink. I outlined the letters in white gel pen to make them stand out a little more.The final touch was a simple hand-drawn border, using a brown pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment