Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fox Hello



This card was a result of a bout of insomnia. It was too hot, and I just couldn't fall asleep, so I made a card.

I started with the Gorjuss The Fox stamp set and Copics. I recently got a bunch of new Copic colors, including the color E08 - which is labelled "Brown", but it looks more reddish to me. I thought it would make an interesting hair color. I stamped the girl and the two foxes on some Copic marker paper. I colored in the skin first, then the reddish brown hair. From there, I chose a teal for her dress and a more yellow orange for the tail and the foxes.After they were colored, I carefully cut them out with my scissors.

I looked through a few paper pads, and found Simple Stories: Say Cheese. It had some great patterns and a starry paper that had a mustard-like tone. Since it echoed the stars on the girl's dress, I thought it was the perfect background to use.

I created the base from navy cardstock, then cut a piece of deep orange cardstock to measure 3 3/4 by 5". I cut the patterned paper to measure 3 1/2 by 4 3/4, and adhered them together. After adhering the girl and the foxes, I realized there wasn't a whole lot of room left over for a sentiment, so I die-cut a small "hello" from the navy cardstock.

Lastly, I added a few strips of washi tape for an extra touch of color.

Supplies:
Gorjuss The Fox stamp set
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black licorice
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight 100#lbs cardstock in Soft Navy and Burnt Orange
Simon Says Stamp small hello die
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, R20), Hair (E08, E37, E59), Dress/boots (Y11, BG11, BG23, BG34, BG18), Socks (C2, E44, E27), Fox (Y13, Y35, YR14, YR68)
Kelly Purkey Teal Polkadots washi tape
Freckled Fawn washi tape

2 comments:

  1. Oooh so cute! You make good use of your insomnia but I hope you slept better tonight! You've nailed this stamp set. Of course you know I love your colouring so I won't harp on how wonderful it is....and it is! I love the design and that washi tape really does finish off the card perfectly! Was trying to imagine the card without it but it just works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It's funny, I've got tons of washi tape, but I almost never use it. I need to try and make an effort to use it more often, I think. It's a pretty cute decoration. :D

      Delete