Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mama Elephant - Circus is Coming

It's time for another Stamp Trio Challenge! If you're new to my blog, you can read about the challenge a bit here.  This time, I will be working with the newly released Mama Elephant set In My Heart. This set was inspired by Operation Write Home, and it's filled with adorable images of little ones and sweet sentiments.


For this first card, I wanted to go with something bright and happy - and depart from my usual birthday/thankyou/hello set. I thought it might be fun to create a circus scene.

I started by stamping the boy and the girl from the In My Heart set and die-cut them with the matching dies, using my BigShot. I then colored them in with my Copics, and added mouths for a bit of extra expression. Since the images were small, it was pretty easy to color them in, using just a few colors. I also stamped a platform for the girl to stand on from Sweet Stamp Shop's Juggling Act, and colored it with Copics. I cut it out, leaving a fine white border to match the other die-cuts.

I prepared the card base, using Simon Says Stamp's Smoke cardstock, which I cut and scored in half to measure 4 1/4 by 5 1/2" (standard A2 size). I cut a piece of spotted patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Just Splendid paper pack to measure 3 3/4 by 5". I adhered it to the base, which left a lovely border around the outside of the card.

I drew a couple of wires at the top of the card with a black pen, and adhered the stamped elements with foam squares.

I stamped a simple sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and adhered it to the card with foam squares. As a last touch, I added a single enamel dot to the side of the sentiment panel.

Supplies:
Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp
Mama Elephant In My Heart coordinating dies
Sweet Stamp Shop Juggling Act
Sweet Stamp Shop Elephant Hearts
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Copics
Simon Says Stamp Smoke Heavy Cardstock
My Mind's Eye: Record It! Just Splendid 6x6
Teresa Collins  Enamel Dots Daily Stories
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D foam squares
Sakura Pigma pen 0.3mm

2 comments:

  1. Toooooo cute! I have this stamp set too and would never, in a million years, have thought to put the little guy up on a tightrope. You're incredibly imaginative as well as talented! Cannot wait to see what is next in the STC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! *hugs*

      It's kind of funny the way our minds work. There are so many of /your/ wonderfully creative ideas that I never would have thought of myself, either. So, it's always extra fun to see what wonderful new things we'll come up with. :D

      Delete