Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sunflower Bouquet

Today's card uses a gorgeous stamp from Taylored Expressions - Sunflower Bouquet. I love sunflowers. They are one of my favorite flowers, and I find myself drawn to any stamp set that features sunflowers. So, when I saw this gorgeous bouquet in a mason jar, I just had to grab it.

I started by stamping the flowers onto some Copic marker paper with My Favorite Things hybrid ink. I colored them in using my Copics. I wanted the card to be cheery, so I used bright colors. I also used a white gel pen to add in a few highlights and extra details. After the image was colored in, I carefully cut around it with my scissors, leaving a small white border.

Using a frame die from Mama Elephant's Type It die set, I cut a piece of vellum into a scalloped rectangle. I adhered the flowers to the rectangle with foam squares.

For the base, I cut a sheet of Avery Elle's Fog cardstock and scored it in half to create a top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). This cardstock is a warm gray with a slight yellow undertone, so it's perfect for the warm tones in the rest of the card.

For the background patterned paper, I used Studio Calico's Printshop! 6x6 paper pad. I cut it to be slightly smaller than the card base - 4 by 5 1/4", and adhered it straight onto the cardstock. Then, I adhered the flower panel with foam squares.

As a last touch, I scattered some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh's Summer sequins mix. The colors matched just perfectly!

Supplies:
Taylored Expressions Sunflower Bouquet stamp
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Mama Elephant Type It die set
Copic Mini Marker pad 70lbs
Copics: Y15, Y35, YR14, E23, E37, E47, YG13, YG17, Y11, R81, RV66, B00, B41, B91, B24
Bazzill 40lbs Vellum
Avery Elle Heavyweight cardstock in Fog
Studio Calico Printshop! 6x6 paper pad
Pretty Pink Posh Summer Sequins mix
Uniball Signo broad white gel pen
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Ranger Multi-Medium matte

2 comments:

  1. You know I am going to say this is gorgeous, Elle - and that is because it is! The way you've coloured the water too is so impressive!! Love the scattering of those pretty sequins too. What a lovely card! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was such a giant experiment, but it turned out pretty awesome. Now the tough part will be to try and actually do that kind of effect again on purpose! XD

      This is one of my favorite cards so far. It just felt like it fell together perfectly (even if accidentally), and I absolutely love the color palette.

      Delete