Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Water Fairy

This card actually started as a simple coloring practice. I've been wanting to try out coloring a different skin tone for a while now, so I stamped out a fairy and got to coloring. I ended up liking the result so much that I decided to create a card with it.

I started by stamping Some Odd Girl's Fairy Magic stamp on a piece of Copic marker paper.  After the fairy was colored in, I added a few dots of white with my gel pen and carefully cut her out with scissors. She looked like a water fairy, so I decided to go with a water-like theme with the rest of the card.

I created a standard A2 card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2") from a piece of light blue cardstock. Then, I got my Bigshot out and cut a couple of panels with Mama Elephant Femme frames and Type It dies. I used Bo Bunny's Enchanted Garden paper, which had fantastic purple and green hues.

After adhering the panels and the water fairy to the base, I went a little crazy and added sequins, pearls, an intricate die-cut and a paper flower. Hopefully it's not too much clutter!

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Fairy Magic
MFT Hybrid Ink in black Licorice
Copic Marker paper 70lbs
Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden 6x6 paper
Mama Elephant Femme Frames and Type It dies
My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish die
Some Odd Girl Baby Mix sequins
Pearls
Copics: Skin: E13, E15, E18, R43, 0, R46, Eyes: B01, B07, Leaves/flowers: B00, YG13, YG17, Hair: C2, C4, C6, C8, Dress: B41, B24, B37, B99, Wings: BG11, BG32, BG34, BG49
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel pen
Prima Flowers Calypso tin of blue hydrangea

2 comments:

  1. Elle, you've done it again!! :) She's perfectly coloured and the little gel dots are such a great touch. She does look like a water fairy, doesn't she? Love the colour choices. And I don't think it looks cluttered at all - it all just works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your awesome comment, Kylie!

      I do sometimes second-guess myself, but I know I can count on you to tell me if I'm way off the mark. :D

      Delete