Tuesday, August 26, 2014

SOG - Rani Congrats

I was in the mood to do something very bright and colorful, and this Rani digi stamp from Some Odd Girl just looked perfect! I had fun with bright colors and jewel tones. And, of course, I created a whole card around it.

I started by printing out Rani and coloring her in with my Copics. I used darker skin tones, and a mix of pink, blue and gold for her outfit. After she was completely colored in, I carefully cut her aside while I worked on the card background.

I cut and scored a piece of navy cardstock to create a standard A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). I also cut a couple of panels: navy (2 1/2 by 4") and white (2 1/4 by 4") that I would use for the sentiment. I stamped the pink decorations and a blue congrats using Altenew's Hennah Elements stamp set.

I rummaged through my stash of papers and found this lovely paisley pattern. The bits of color matched up with the rest of my design, so I cut it into a 4 by 5 1/4" rectangle and adhered it to the card base. I then adhered the navy and white sentiment panel.

Lastly, I added Rani, using some foam squares to make her pop off the page a little. Since the card had plenty of color and detail, I chose not to add any other embellishments.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Rani digital stamp
Copic X-Press It Blending Card paper
Copics: Skin (E13, E15, E18, R43, 0), Hair (BV17, BV25, BV29, 100), Gold (Y21, Y38), Blue (B02, BG01, B37, BG07, B00), Pink (RV14, RV55, RV66)
My Favorite Things Heavyweight Cardstock in Nightshift Blue
Neenah Solar White Cardstock in 80#lbs
Altenew Hennah Elements stamp set
Stampin' Up Classic Inkpads in Strawberry Slush and Tempting Turquoise
Stampin' Up Foam Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. You are a natural with the SOG stamps! Rani is gorgeous! Coloured perfectly. I love the three panels - and the paisley matches beautifully. You really didn't need any other embellishments either. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I'm really comfortable with the SOG stamps, and I love their style.

      I hadn't seen many cards using Rani, but she's beautiful so I just had to give it a go. :)

      Delete