Monday, September 22, 2014

Mini Bright

This morning, I woke up with the flu, which is pretty awful. Aside from feeling generally achy, miserable and tired, my head feels like it's a bit stuffed with cotton and it's hard to focus and think. So, my post today is very brief and probably not very witty.

Luckily, before I got sick, I had made a couple of mini cards (3x3") that can go in a lunchbox or backpack. So I have something to post. The mini cards are meant to just brighten someone's day - and a light-bulb seems like a really appropriate image there.

The lightbulb is a cute little digital stamp from Meljen Designs - Little Light Bulb. Melissa currently has an awesome sale going on, where everything in store is 50% off. Just add it to the card, and you'll see the discount. And there's also a section with a few free stamps. Pretty cool. :D

After printing out the lightbulb, I trimmed around it and rounded the edges with my corner rounder. I colored the image with Copics, keeping it very simple.

For the card base, I cut and scored a piece of 6x3" cardstock in half, creating a 3 by 3" card. I glued a bit of patterned paper to the side and adhered the light-bulb panel with foam tape.

And that's it. I'm going to go lay down and rest now.

Supplies:
Meljen Designs Little Light Bulb digital stamp
Copic X-Press it Blending cardstock
Copics (C2, C4, C6, Y11, Y35, Y38, R11, R20, R32, 0)
White Gel Pen
Bazzill 6x6 cardstock sampler (pink)
Some Odd Girl Sunshine Sorbet 6x6 paper pad
Tombow Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
We-R-Memory Keepers Cropadile Corner Chomper

4 comments:

  1. Boooo on the horrible flu! Hope you are feeling well very soon. Rest up as much as you can! Your little mini card is delightful! I love how you've coloured the light bulb! It is so pretty and happy and would surely brighten anyone's day. Now go rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel good for much else, so definitely resting today.

      Thanks, Kylie! :)

      Delete
  2. Your mini card is very inspiring ! Very pretty !! :-D
    Hope you'll feel better soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Connie! I really appreciate your sweet comment and your well wishes. I'm hoping to be back in shape by next week. I'm planning on spending the whole weekend resting. :)

      Delete