Saturday, November 1, 2014

Baby's First Christmas



Today's card features a really fabulous digital stamp from Mo Manning called First Christmas. If you're not a fan of digital stamps, Mo also has several of her designs in cling rubber stamps available through Penny Black and through Stamping Bella.

This card is the first in a set I will be giving to my sister-in-law for Christmas. My nephew was born right around Christmas last year. And while it's technically not his very first holiday, it's the first one that will have gifts and treats he can open himself. So, I thought I'd celebrate the occasion with a couple of Christmas-themed baby cards.

After printing out the cute baby stamp, I cut it into a rectangle and colored in with my Copics. Since the image has a wonderful sketchy feeling, I did very little blending on the colors. I colored a simple gray floor to add a bit of shadow, then matted the image onto some red cardstock.

The rest of the card was kept very simple. I cut a panel of patterned paper from Gingerbread Village pad to measure 4 x 2". I also cut a piece of brown cardstock to measure 4 x 5 1/4". I adhered the patterned paper to the bottom of the chocolate cardstock, then added a line of red and white polkadot ribbon.

After adhering the panel to a standard top folding A2 card base, I attached the stamp panel with foam squares. As a last touch, I scattered several sparkling clear sequins around the baby.

Supplies:
Mo Manning First Christmas digital stamp
Copics (E00, E11, E13, R20, B000, B00, B02, B05, B37, R08, R46, R89, Y11, Y38, G67, W2, W4)
Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Lipstick Red
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock in 100#lbs
Stampin' Up Cardstock in Chocolate Chip
Webster's Pages Gingerbread Village 8x8 patterned paper
Red grosgrain ribbon with white polkadots
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive runner (pink)
Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins in 4mm and 6mm
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Ranger Multi-Medium Matte glue

2 comments:

  1. I totally gasped when I saw the beauty of this card, Elle! It is perfectly coloured. Your design is wonderful. The sequins look lovely in the photo so I can imagine how beautiful and sparkly they are in real life. Such a perfect card for your sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Kylie. Even with the coloring, it didn't take too long to make this card, so I can definitely make a few for a set. I think my SIL will like it too. :)

      Delete