Friday, January 16, 2015

TGF - Warm Wishes


For today's card, I'm using the other image in the cute Winter Greetings stamp set from The Greeting farm. I'm feeling pretty ill at the moment, so please excuse me if my tone is not as cheerful as usual. I'm still cheering happily inside and enjoying creating things, but it's being filtered through yucky and miserable sick germs.

But, onto the card! I stamped the girl out with brown hybrid ink and colored her in with my Copics. I used quite a bit of colors on the pink hat and scarf, as I just wasn't hitting the same contrast as the rest of her outfit. I probably spent too much time on it, but in the end it turned out alright. After the girl was colored in, I cut her out with a pair of sharp scissors and set her aside.

I wanted to play around with shapes, so I pulled out several dies and a lovely patterned paper from Basic Grey - Aurora. I first cut the purple paper with the scalloped Mama Elephant Femme Frames -- this is my go-to die for creating a frame for the front panel. Then I cut out a pinked-edge circle from a starry grey paper and a pinked-edge square from white cardstock the sentiment.

I stamped the sentiment in brown, then assembled the card. I adhered the papers to a piece of blue cardstock, which I cut and folded into a standard A2 card. I added the girl and the sentiment panel with foam squares. As a last touch, I added a few enamel dots, as well as 2 pieces of snowflake wood veneer.

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm - Winter Greetings stamp
My Favorite Things - Pinking Edge Circle STAX dies
Avery Elle - Pinked dies
Mama Elephant - Femme Frames
Basic Grey - Aurora, 6x6 patterned paper pad
My Favorite Things Hybrid inkpad in Chocolate Brown
Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Copics
Snowflake Wood Veneer
Enamel Dots
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Blue cardstock
White Cardstock
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you are unwell at the moment, Elle! Hope those dreadful germs pack up and leave town as soon as possible! Your card is simply beautiful. I think the scarf and the hat look amazing so it was definitely well worth your efforts! The whole card just looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, even though being sick makes me miserable. Thankfully, I can sneak a free moment here and there to do something crafty, so I'm not feeling like I'm ages behind. :)

      Delete