Friday, March 27, 2015

Belated cute



I've got an ever-growing list of things I really ought to do - things there just isn't enough time to finish at the end of the day. Every now and then, I will wistfully look at that list and wish for an army of clones or more hours in the day. But then life catches up and I'm off running to take care of something important.

So, today I decided to make some time and cross of one of the things on that enormous list. I sat down to make a few birthday cards for my stash, so I'm not always rushing to finish a card the morning of the party (please tell me I'm not the only one that does this?). Then inspiration hit and I started making something completely different.

I decided to make a belated card. It was a belated birthday card, but then I noted it's vague enough to be a belated anything. Graduation, anniversary, and so on. And I'm glad I made it!

I thought to myself, if I'm making a "sorry I'm late" card, I might as well make it extra cute. Who can stay mad at a couple of little snails from Lawn Fawn's Gleeful Gardens? Those poor little snails are trying, and it's not their fault they're so slow...

Since the snails are super, super cute, I decided to keep the rest of the card cute too. And I did that by making sure it's small. The 4-bar size of the Walnut Notecards makes it that much more adorable. Add to that the small journaling card, and it's the perfect teeny scene!

I used bright colors, added some dots and just had fun. Looking at the card makes me smile, and here's to hoping the recipient will too.

~Elle~

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn - Gleeful Gardens stamp
Lawn Fawn - Walnut Notecard
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Journaling Card
Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine Petite 6x6
Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka Petite 6x6
Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka Mon Amie 6x6
My Favorite Things- Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Tsukineko Versamark Inkpad
Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
Bazzill Vellum #40lbs
Mama Elephant - Landscape Trio die
Copics (E81, E84, Y21, YR14, V01, R95, R32, RV14, E23, E37, C2, C4, E50, E53)
Enamel Dots
White Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment