Friday, March 6, 2015

One-Layer Thanks


Simon Says Stamp Flickr group is having another challenge, and this time the theme is Clean and Simple, One Layer. Now, my cards do generally tend to gravitate toward clean and simple, but I rarely make true one-layer cards. So, I wanted to challenge myself to create something that was both visually interesting and completely one-layer.

I started by grabbing a top-folding A2 (4¼ by 5½") card base I created out of white cardstock. I used my micropore tape to mask off an area where the sentiment would be. I then took Simon Says Stamp's Stars & Dots stencil and blended some Pumice Stone distress ink with a mini blending tool. I used the edge of the stencil to create a line with faded ink near the top and bottom of the card.

I removed the tape masking off the sentiment area and added a more narrow masked area. I blended in some Wild Honey ink to create a warm yellow stripe that was a little more faded out near the edge. I then masked off two smaller stripes just above this area and blended in some Peeled Paint.

Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Many Thanks stamp set in crisp black ink.

This card is definitely one layer - which makes it super simple to mail. But it's also got visual interest thanks to colors added with a stencil and some creative masking.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Stars & Dots stencil
Simon Says Stamp - Many Thanks stamp set
Distress inkpads - Pumice Stone, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint
Ranger Mini Round Blending tool
Bazzill Heavyweight Cardstock - Marshmallow
3M Micropore tape
Tsukineko Versafine inkpad in Onyx Black

No comments:

Post a Comment