Thursday, April 2, 2015

OHC - 18 - Purple



Today's card is another card in the One Hundred Cards challenge (read more about the challenge here). When I pulled the theme "Purple", I knew I wanted to make something soft and airy, while at the same time keeping it from becoming too monotone.

I used WPus9's Fanciful Feathers, which is a lovely feather set you might be familiar with from this card. For the feathers, I used two of WPlus9 dye inks - Cockleshell and Bloomsberry. I also used a sugarplum note-card from Avery Elle -- these note-cards are quickly becoming my favorite go-to for card bases.

I paired this card with  piece of warm gray polkadot paper. I chose to go with a warm gray background for two reasons. The first is because it's a great neutral that really makes the soft purples of the feathers pop. And the second is because I brought in some gold embossing to one of the feathers, and the warmth of the gray really tied in. I blended in some purple distress ink around the edges to add softness.

And that's pretty much it for this card. I kept it super simple, but the distressed edges and gold embossing add a little something special.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment