Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy Summer

We're getting into August, and it already feels like the edges of autumn are about to slowly start seeping in. I haven't made very many summer cards this year, both due to being mega busy at work and just having other projects on my plate (hello OHC!). But I found a few super cute stamps in my stash, and I just had to get busy celebrating summer!

Today's card features Beach Babe Twila, a Roberto's Rascals stamp from C.C. Designs. I really like Roberto's line, both for its style and for clever designs. There are several stamps that are just perfectly funny, amusing and fitting my family.

I started by stamping Twila out in brown hybrid ink and coloring her in with Copics. I went for standard summer colors, adding some white polka-dots to her swimsuit. After she was colored in, I carefully cut her out with a pair of scissors, leaving a small white border.

I grabbed a kraft top-folding A2 card base (4¼x5½") and layered a couple of summer papers from my stash. I went with a neutral dark wood-grain and a rainbow stripe. I think those two work together really well and just remind me of a beach hut or summer cabin.

I stamped a sentiment onto a strip of white cardstock and adhered it to the card with foam squares. I added a teal doily underneath, and adhered Twila on top (also with foam squares). Since the card was already perfectly bright, I chose not to add any other embellishments.

Thanks for reading and happy summer!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Oh so darling, Elle! What a little cutie patootie! I *always* forget about using the brown ink until I see your work and think how good it looks. Of course your colouring is just amazing. Love the strip of bright colours along the edge too. Beautiful work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I'm really liking the softer look you get with the brown ink. It just makes the image look warmer (which is perfect for summer!). I may need to pick up a few more refills, though! I'm using the ink a lot. :D

      Delete