Monday, July 20, 2015

Jumping Roo

Today's card features the newest release from Some Odd Girl -- a hopping kangaroo digi!

Now, I have to admit, at first glance this little guy seemed challenging... Kristy has an amazing grasp of anatomy, and the 'roo looks realistic and charmingly cartoon-like. But once I settled on an idea, the card came together just perfectly.

After printing out the digi, I colored in with my Copics and carefully cut out the image. I wanted it to look like he was jumping in the clouds, so I die-cut a stitched round circle out of some cloud patterned paper. While I had my bigshot out, I also die-cut a cheery yellow paper into a stitched rectangle. I adhered all of the elements together, adding the 'roo with foam squares.

For the sentiment, I decided it would be fun to create a circular sentiment. So, I grabbed Owen's ABCs stamp and a pretty light teal ink, and made a nice bunch of round letters. I die-cut each with a tiny circle die and adhered them to the card with foam squares.

A few round enamel dots, and the card was done!

Please be sure to check out Some Odd Girl Blog to see amazing creations from the design team. They have done such an amazing job, and they've really made this stamp shine.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love that the Lawn Fawn circle alphas are perfect for this card! Absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ka! I love that circle alpha. It's so playful! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is fantastic! It made me laugh with delight. Nailed it again, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? I'm mildly jealous that you live in Australia and get to see kangaroos often. I've only ever seen one in a zoo, and it was too far away to see properly. XD

      Delete
    2. I confess I still get a buzz when I see one in nature. :) You'll have to come visit. ;)

      Delete
    3. One of these days, for sure! :D

      Delete