Tuesday, November 10, 2015

AE- Merriest Wishes



Today's card is a fun and cute Christmas card, featuring Avery Elle's Be Jolly stamp set. I grabbed this adorable stamp when it released last year, but I didn't use it as much as I wanted to. Now that the winter season is fast approaching again, it was just perfect for my card!

I stamped the snowman and the snowbank onto some white cardstock with black ink, then colored him in with Copics. I kept the coloring very simple, adding just a touch of shading. For my colors, I used blue and purple shades.

I found a scrap of patterned paper in my paper stash and I loved how it looked. The colors complemented the way I colored the stamp. I adhered the patterned paper to the left side of a top-folding A2 card (4¼x5½").

For the sentiment, I wanted something a little whimsical, and Waffle Flowers' A Homemade Christmas had the cutest sketchy sentiment. I stamped it at the bottom of the panel and adhered the panel to the card base.

As a last touch, I added a scattering of sequins to the card. Though it's tough to tell, the sequins are iridescent and shimmer in clear, purple and blue tones. It's very pretty when you turn the card toward the light.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Oh Elle, I've missed seeing your creations! This card is wonderful. The strp of paper is so beautiful and I love how you've coloured the snowman. Too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Kylie! I've missed your incredible and supportive comments, too. <3

      Delete