Monday, November 30, 2015

Holiday Hugs

As you may have noticed, I did not post anything last week. I was away on vacation, visiting family for Thanksgiving and I spent all of my time thoroughly enjoying family activities and being away from my computer. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving (if you celebrate) or a lovely week (if you don't)!

Today's card is another one in my series of Christmas cards for the year. This time, I'm featuring a super cute stamp set from WPlus9 called Holiday Hugs. The image in this set is so sweet with a fabulous style, and the sentiment matches just perfectly.

I decided to go for a combination of geometric (stripes) and random (splatters) for my background. I knocked things up a notch by adding some gold glitter cardstock and a few enamel dots.

For the main image, I colored the girl in shades of blue-green and black, keeping her hat and gloves white. In contrast, I used dusty pinks to shade the bear, which brought a lot of diversity to the colors and tied in with the bright red scarf.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Just shows how far I am behind - hope you had a super happy Thanksgiving! Your card is so darling. Don't you just love the WPlus9 images too. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I am adoring WPlus9 lately. I actually got a ton of stamps, dies and inks during their Black Friday sale, and I'm going to make good use of them. :D

      Delete