Friday, December 11, 2015

Mice Christmas



Today's card features Mama Elephant's Festive Mice stamp set. When this stamp set was released, I was immediately drawn to the cute and whimsical style. But I hesitated buying it. It actually made it in and out of my cart quite a few times over a couple of weeks, and then I finally bought it. What made up my mind was that I still felt inspired each time I saw it over a period of a few weeks. A stamp set like that definitely ought to have a spot in my collection.

I kept this card very clean and simple, using some bright red patterned paper and a couple of strips of glitter gold cardstock to highlight the mice and the sentiment. I kept my coloring on the mice relatively monochromatic, with warm grays, red and a touch of pink.

As embellishment, I scattered a few sequins above the sentiment.

Join me this weekend for a chatty post about my plans for the new year!
Thanks for reading.
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen this stamp set before - I have been out of the look recently though. I'm glad it made it into your collection as you have rocked the colouring and the design of the card highlights the little mice so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really easy to miss a lot of stamps sets this year, I think. In some ways, there were way too many stamp choices for the holiday season, so a lot of the quirkier ones didn't get as much exposure. I do love the style of it, though, so I was super happy to grab it. :D

      Delete