Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pink Thank You

It feels like a lot of my pink cards start with "I don't usually use pink, but..." and that's really funny, because I have quite a few cards with pink in my collection. I think maybe a better way of putting is that pink is not my go-to color. I tend to favor purple,coral and orange more than pink. So, even though I use pink pretty darn often, it's not not what I gravitate toward naturally.

Still, sometimes pink is the only choice - especially when you want to create something very feminine. And that's exactly the direction I wanted today's card to take.

I started by stamping Katie, one of the stamps from The Greeting Farm's Secret Stamp Club with black ink. I colored her with Copics, going for a pink and warm gold theme. I drew inspiration from the Rapunzel card I did a little while ago, but I kept my tones on the reddish side - making her into a bit of a strawberry blonde. After I was done coloring, I carefully cut her out, leaving a small white border.

I kept the rest of the card super simple: a piece of patterned paper and glitter cardstock layered onto a navy A2 card base, a curved banner and simple thank you sentiment. I embellished with a few enamel dots, and that was it!

Thanks for reading,
~Elle~



No comments:

Post a Comment