Monday, June 13, 2016

Color Monday: SOG Pixie Watercolor and Pencils

It's Monday, the beginning of the week, and it's time for another Color Monday card. With this card, I challenged myself to do something a little different - combine watercolor and my Prismacolor pencils to create a different look - maybe something inspired by a storybook.

I started by stamping the adorable pixie from Some Odd Girl's Pixie Dust stamp in light ink. I grabbed my Artist's Loft watercolors and quickly colored in the stamp. I used the cheap watercolor because I knew I would be enhancing it with colored pencils - so I really just needed something that had a good flat color range.

I also created a quick background and I let everything dry. Once the image was dry, I went in with my colored pencils and added some details. I mainly used the pencils for the outline and to add some light shading in a few spots.

I used a loaded paintbrush to add some splatters around the image and let everything dry completely (I actually left it overnight, just in case). I die-cut the image with a stitched rectangle die, and stamped the sentiment onto a banner die-cut. I chose to highlight the purple in the image, and grabbed a purple patterned paper. I adhered it to a standard A2 card base, then added the watercolor panel with foam squares.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. It does look like a storybook image! Clever technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try the technique again! I'm slowly trying to use more than one coloring medium at a time. It's pretty cool!

      Delete