Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Clean and Simple: Sweet Hello

Like a lot of card-makers, I enjoy a good card challenge or two. However, more often than not, I end up not participating because of the timing. A lot of challenges only run for a week, and with my busy schedule, I don't always have the time to make a card, find a nice sunny day to photograph it and then sit down and blog about it. Instead, I save the inspiration or lurk and check what others are doing.

I came across this challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, and I just loved the concept. Stripes and polka-dots are my favorite patterns ever, and highlighting them on a clean and simple card? Absolutely!

But... I saw the thread quite a bit after it was posted and was a little bummed out - until I read that there's no deadline. Wohoo! Sign me up!

I cut a stitched rectangle out of white cardstock that was just slightly smaller than a top-folding A2 card-base (4¼x5½"). This is going to be my front panel. 

I used a super cute stamp set from Your Next Stamp called Woodland Cuties. I grabbed the sentiment and the cute racoon from that set and paired them with two stencils from Simon Says Stamp (Medium Dots and Peppermint Stripe). I used Cracked Pistachio and Pumice Stone distress inks to add a subtle pattern. I layered the sentiment and the racoon, then added a few enamel dots.

I adhered the front panel to the card base with some foam tape, and voila! Finished card.

Thanks for reading!
Elle

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I totally hear you about challenges (although I haven't looked at any for AGES). So glad this challenge had no deadline as your card looks amazing! I love the simplicity of it along with the beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I often find out about a challenge like... 2 days before it's due. And there's no way I can find the time to create, photograph AND write a blog post for it. I do love these longer challenges! They're a great way to get motivated. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you were motivated to create this wonderful card. The background is wonderful for the raccoon. There is a new CAS challenge up every week at SCS and it really is about inspiring to create. Clean and cute is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete