Friday, July 8, 2016

MFT- Birthday Pooch

It has been a few very busy weeks. Between work and some secret crafty news, I've had very little free time - and I spent most of it being crafty. I've re-organized my stamps, gone over a stack of embellishments and sat down to make a card or 3. Overall, it's been very productive, though it's also made for a very quiet blog...

Today's card features a retired stamp set from My Favorite Things called Cupcake Cutie:


I got this stamp set a little while ago, during one of the retirement sales My Favorite Things had in their shop. I loved the design of the set and the style the images were drawn in. I actually have a few digital stamps from the same artist, and they've been fun to use. So, it was a no-brainer that I would get this set while I still had the chance.

As it happens with all the "retired" sets I own, I hesitated using it. Since I couldn't really link to the set, I thought people might be frustrated to see it in use and not be able to buy it. But... As time goes on, I've got more and more retired supplies and trying to stay current is both expensive and frustrating.

So, I decided to make better use of the sets I have and made a simple birthday card.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh secret crafty news sounds exciting! Cannot wait to hear more. :)

    I, for one, am glad you decided to post a card using this retired set as it looks amazing. I think people can still be inspired by the design, colouring, etc, even if they cannot buy the actual stamp set used. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I'm feeling better and better about using these older supplies. It's pretty hard to try and keep up with all the new releases, anyway, not to mention expensive. So, I'm happy to focus on what I have in my stash for a bit. :)

      Delete