Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pinky B-day Bot

Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched Duo 1 die, Alleyway Stamps - Lighter than Air (retired, company is closed)

I have a pretty good collection of dies. Several blueprints from My Favorite Things, a collection of shapes and necessities from Simon Says Stamp and a smattering of shapes and pretty word dies from other companies. I have a Bigshot that is set up on a sturdy desk, and I reach for it often. Whether it be a front panel or a banner for sentiment, I've spent quite a bit of time cranking that handle and hearing the cracking as the dies cut through cardstock. I wouldn't say that I use dies on every card, but nearly.

And yet, I find myself gravitating toward the same familiar shapes and the same familiar uses. Little bits and pieces that come with blueprints or mini hearts of varying shapes and sizes sit forgotten because I don't have a place for them.

So, I thought... Wouldn't it be a good challenge to occasionally make a card with only those dies? Wouldn't it be fun to see what kind of layout I can come up with when I've only got bits and pieces?

The answer is... Yes, yes it would! A great challenge, in fact, and one that left me stumped for about a day before I figured out a card concept I was happy with. And what a fun concept it was!

I started with a very girly pink paper and added my small white rectangles in a neat little row. Then I put a blue robot on top of the middle one and a sentiment underneath. I scattered wood veneer, enamel dots and sequins for embellishment. I left two of the rectangles blank so I can write in the number -- always a nice way to personalize a card.


Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment