Monday, September 12, 2016

SOG - Voodoo Lady

It's digi release week for Some Odd Girl, and that means you'll be seeing some awesome new cards on my blog and the rest of the DT girls' blogs all week long! If you'd like to see more, head over to Some Odd Girl blog and hop along with us! :)

Voodoo Lady was a stamp I requested, and I admit that I squealed a little when I saw the finished result. Of course, we know Kristy is awesome and beyond talented, but I really think she outdid herself with this awesome stamp. Not only is it a fun and different image, but the level of detail is plain amazing.

For my colors, I chose purples for her skin with some red accents (her tattoos and eyes). The rest of the palette was more earthy - olive greens and tans. I loosely based my coloring on some video game and fantasy book/comic book characters, but I think I gave her enough of a flair to be completely different and unique.

I spent ages on figuring out the background, but finally went with a black and a pink- as they both had the kind of texture that fit the image. I found a couple of fun stickers in my stash and used them for my sentiment. A few enamel dots to echo that red orb, and it's complete!

Thanks for reading,
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment