Thursday, October 20, 2016

SK October - Purple Spook



This card actually came together rather accidentally. I was planning on a much more elaborate set-up, including a patterned paper panel and some scattered sequins. But, as I was rummaging through my stamped images and sentiments, the ghost and the sentiment rectangle just fell together. I liked how it looked - like the ghost was popping out of the sentiment.

So, I simplified my design and just let that placement be the focal point. I wanted to add a bit of color to make the sentiment stand out, so I blended in some Dusty Concord distress ink into the corner. I adhered the sentiment and the ghost, then added them to a black card base. I tied some purple ribbon underneath.

The last step was to add some dots with Nuvo crystals. I added the purple dots just fine, then planned to add another few yellow dots for contrast. Of course, the yellow is not working great for me and instead of a nice dome, I ended up with a line. I was pretty bummed out, but then realized it could be fun -- it looks like streaks from falling stars or firecrackers, and that's a very interesting look. Creativity to the rescue, right?!

Thanks for reading,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment