Sunday, February 26, 2017

SK Sea & Cats: Sandy Kraken Birthday





This is probably one of my favorite cards in the Sea & Cats Stash kit. There's just something about a wide stripe that makes my heart happy - and even more so when it's paired with a sparkly kraken and a whimsical birthday greeting.

For this card, I used the Mini Stitched Scalloped Rectangles dies from My Favorite Things. I purchased this set of dies during a Black Friday sale, and I'm so glad I did. I love how sweet the scallops look and how well the different sizes layer together. I can see myself using this die a lot (along with the mini rectangles), which I got at the same time.

The scallops added a "cute" touch that fits so well with the adorable Lawn Fawn designs. That's something I find myself looking for often, I think. If a stamp is edgy, I aim for an edgy die or layout. Something as sweet as Lawn Fawn calls for sweet detail like scallops.

To finish my card off, I added a few enamel shapes, echoing the aqua background on the small rectangle and the pink blush on the kraken's face.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

1 comment:

  1. Totally love the wide stripes too. And once again your colour palette is divine! The kraken is perfectly coloured. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete