Friday, February 10, 2017

Some Odd Girl: Valentine's Blog Hop!


Welcome to my stop on the Some Odd Girl Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! You should have arrived from Ria’s blog but if you just stopped by then head back to the beginning to get started so you don’t miss any stops.
Whenever I think of love, my mind always goes back to old vintage photographs of happy couples. I like the warmth of the tones and how it seems to capture a moment in time. So, I decided to make a vintage photograph featuring the Grands couple. I used my Warm Greys Copic marker - and it was an interesting challenge to make sure there was enough contrast to make all the details stand out. I also brushed the images lightly with a blending tool using Gathered Twigs distress ink. I used Gathered Twigs along with Pumice Stone on the background, too. A bit of gold glam on the "Love" die cut and a couple hearts tie everything together.

Be sure to check in and comment on each blog, including this one, to be the most eligible. Since we’re spreading the love so hardcore, everyone gets 14% off at the Some Odd Girl shop using code SOGLove! But, we'll also be choosing 2 lucky winners from those of you who comment on every blog, each receiving a $14 spending spree in our shop. 
Here’s our hop list...
Elle * You are here
Alexis

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

26 comments:

  1. The older I get, the more I hope my hubby and I make it to this stage in life with the Grands. Sooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so adorable! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the two "oldies" on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the "grands" I thought about using them on my card but chose a different digi! love this card! ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elle, this is fabulous! I love the stamp too. So cute, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colouring, looks so effective! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I would LOVE to see a video tutorial for this kind of coloring. This sepia effect is beautiful! I'm off to buy this stamp ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when did you take my picture?
    Just wish Bob could be here too.
    Heartwarming card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! that is so cute! I love the stamp and the monotone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You did an awesome job on the coloring. And they are so adorable.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful vintage photograph you've created - great results with your monotone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Elle! Love that couple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your colouring is amazing Elle. Love this stamp and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the image you picked... and your card is just perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your card is just adorable! well done Elle!
    xx
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete
  16. SOOO Love this! Reminds me of my husband and I!

    ReplyDelete