Sunday, July 16, 2017

Retro-ish Thanks

Lately, one of my favorite things has been going through my crafty stash and digging up things I've had for ages, but never used. Like, for example, this patterned paper pad. I absolutely had to have that paper pad when I started out on my card-making journey, and then I just never ended up using it because I couldn't find the right stamps to use with it.

Happy Go Lucky has a retro feel, and (at the time) I owned no retro stamps. Everything that I could think to pair up with it felt too cutesy or too modern or too bold. So, off went the paper into "long term storage" where it sat until I got bit by the re-organizing bug.

I pulled the paper out recently, and I paired it with Hero Arts' Spring Hello stamp. Although the stamp is not obviously retro, the calligraphy made me think of shabby chic - and it just clicked together with the retro paper.

Thanks for reading,
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I love how we look back on the things we have which were 'must haves'...and I love it even more when we use them! lol Such a very pretty card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kylie! It's really interesting... Quite a bit of the things I'm finding are still so inspiring, and that makes me happy. I (and my wallet, lol!) definitely feel better when I'm using what I've got instead of spending more in hopes of getting inspired...

      Delete