Saturday, December 2, 2017

Crafty Goals/Resolutions and Over the Moon

MFT - Happy Haunting, Dear Lizzy - Stargazer 6x6 patterned paper

This year, I did not shop the crafty Black Friday sales. I'm sure there were some fabulous deals, but there just wasn't anything I absolutely had to have. A part of it is that it was a really busy time for me at work and home. But a bigger part is that I'm trying to bring my supplies under control.

It was around this time last year that I went on a shopping freeze (of sorts) in hopes of making strides in using up supplies. Sadly, I think I still ended up bringing in more things than I've used up. Though I've seen a big change in how much restraint I have with making orders, I have had very very very little time to create and I don't think I've given crafting the kind of effort I was hoping to.

So, my BIG resolution for 2018 is to CREATE.
- I'm going to try to use up a lot of the consumables like stickers, patterned paper and embellishments without immediately replacing them.
- I'm going to use different coloring mediums (like colored pencils and watercolor) more often, to balance out all the Copic coloring I normally do.
- I'm going to make a card every day of 2018 -- that's 365 cards to make!
- I'm going to blog regularly, though not necessarily every day.
- I'm going to do daily writing exercises (journaling or creative writing) in addition to practicing modern calligraphy.
- And (most importantly!) I'm going to enjoy the process.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

9 comments:

  1. is that patterned paper? so cute! great goals! i'm impressed with your create a card every day. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a paper from Dear Lizzy's Star Gazer 6x6. It's a super cute collection. :D

      And, thanks! I'm super excited for the new year now. :)

      Delete
  2. Kathy Walker (Hawkgirl70)December 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM

    Very nice card! I like it.
    Can I ask what you used to get that border around the blue paper? I'm new to all of this. Found your post on Splitcoast stampers talking about your blog posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Thanks for checking out my blog!

      The die I used for the patterned paper is Mama Elephant's Femme Frames: https://mamaelephant.com/collections/creative-cuts/products/femme-frames-creative-cuts

      It makes a great scalloped rectangle that's just a little smaller than an A2 card base. And it's probably my most used die ever. :D

      Delete
  3. You're amazing! I love your card - but that almost goes without saying! I love how you keep things real. I wish you all the very best with your goals for 2018 (I share many of them!). big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited for the new year. It feels like an amazing new beginning and I can't wait to put my goals into motion. :)

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog and you and I have the same one word for this coming year. I look forward to seeing what you 'create' in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! I'm so happy to see other crafters sharing the same word/goal. I can't wait to see what you'll be creating, and I'm off to check your blog! :D

      Delete
  5. Feel free to come check out my blog from time to time to see how I make out too! :) http://tampatha.wordpress.com
    Tammy L.

    ReplyDelete